Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Please Read Me!.... Re: SIP 43

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, guys, I think I figured it out-
    Ultimate Strangers in Paradise!
    Yes, that's right, just like Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men where you start the story over and tell it from an updated modern perspective. Of course, the beautiful thing about the Ultimate line is THEY DIDN'T CANCEL THE ORIGINAL SERIES. So yes, the last few pages of #43 is Ashley's Ultimate SiP, and as she writes it, somehow Terry will bring us back to the rest of the story. It's pretty simple.

    Y'see Terry has said many times that he has the basic concept of the story figured out where he wants it to go. This would just be a big F U so obviously this is some sort of experimental story telling device(which incidentally pokes fun, with a nod and a wink, at the serial 22 pages every 6 weeks format). man, I like this issue more and more the more (Moore?) I think aboot it. Ultimate SiP. Pretty clever.

    And another thing-Just because Katchoo slammed the criticisms made by the author(uh-hum, us) DOESN'T make the criticisms less valid. However, I am starting to get the feeling that the cycles of repitition came in handy in setting us all up for a drop kick like this. Risky, first, by chacning losing reader because they get fed up, like the editor, and doubly risky if people don't let this most recent issue sink in. I said it once, and I'll say it again: a pint, a shot, and a gold star for braving this one out in order to try something different Terry. Let cooler heads prevail(and if not, it doesn't matter what they say, so long as they're talking aboot ya, right?)

    Strangely serene,
    Darth

    ------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

  2. #32
    Inactive Member CrazyPierre's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Two more years.
    Argh.
    I don't know how much more I can take of this Francine loves Katchoo Katchoo loves Francine one goes to see the other but WAIT they can't co-exist.

    ARGH
    mad


    Oh well I'll keep reading for a while still, but only cause I want to see WHEN DAVID IS COMING BACK WITH THAT MILK ALREADY and whether Tambi gets to fight Godzilla

    biggrin


    ------------------

  3. #33
    Inactive Member HollyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I may be in the minority, but I really enjoyed Issue 43. I suppose I just took it as a "what-if", and not a "what-is". I liked the glimpse of Katchoo and Francince as happy older women.

    I'm eagerly looking forward to Issue 44.

    By the way, I got to meet Terry at Wizard World in Chicago, and he was so great!

    ------------------

  4. #34
    Jaxom 27
    Guest Jaxom 27's Avatar

    Post

    It's no gimmick!
    It's no gimmick!

    I still wanna know what was going on with Freddie a few issues back too...


    ------------------
    Before allowing drunken friend to cheat on his girl, you must attempt one
    intervention. If he is able to get on his feet, look you in the eye, and deliver
    a "F...OFF!" You are absolved of your of responsibility.

  5. #35
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    I liked the issue, too. It really had some hilarious moments. Just a bit confused about what's next, which I understand #44 will help clear up.

    ------------------
    Peace.
    September 11, 2001

  6. #36
    Inactive Member johnny destructo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    WHAT HAVE YOU DONNNNEEEE????

    you don't know?


    well, i'll tell ye! ye went and made the most engaging, original series EVER! i LOVES it! this last issue being no different...i was shocked and amazed! i know i can always trust SIP to be well-crafted and will always be the first on my list to read. keep up the great work!
    johnny d.

    ------------------

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Thrasymachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2001
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the monkey house, and have some oreos, the official cookie of S.i.P. smile

    ------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member frosti's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2001
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    uh...what if I don't like oreos? They usually make my teeth look terrible.

    ------------------

  9. #39
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    How about some M&M's? biggrin

    Sprinkles M&M's on the newbies.

    ------------------
    Selah

  10. #40
    Inactive Member frosti's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2001
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    M&M's? Great idea! Thanks AsIs!

    ------------------

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •